Upon completion of the online registration forms you will need to print the forms and bring the printed forms and the documents listed below, in person, to the PUSD Enrollment Center located at 600 W. Grand Ave.
Registration is not complete until you have provided the following documents to the PUSD Enrollment Center.
Proof of Age
There are several ways to show evidence of a student’s age.- A statement by the local registrar or county recorder certifying the date of birth.
- Proof of up-to-date required Immunizations
- 2 Proofs of Residence (examples: utility statement, credit card statement, vehicle insurance statement, vehicle registration, mortgage/rental agreement)
- Printed registration forms
Al completarlos formularios de inscripciónelectrónicamente, ustedtendrá que imprimirlosy llevarlos junto con losdocumentos que se indicana continuaciónen persona al Centrode Inscripcióndel PUSDubicado en el 600 W. Grand Ave.
La inscripción se considerará incompleta hasta que usted haya suministrado los siguientes documentos al Centro de Inscripción del PUSD.
- Prueba de edad
Hay varias maneras de mostrar evidencia de la edad de un estudiante.
- Una declaración del registrador local o del registrador del condado que certifique la fecha de nacimiento.
- Certificado de bautismo debidamente acreditado.
- Un pasaporte
- Prueba actualizada de las vacunas requeridas
- 2 pruebas del lugar donde vive (ejemplos: recibos de servicios, estado de cuenta de tarjetas de crédito, declaración de seguro de auto, registro de auto, contrato de hipoteca /renta)
- Formulario de inscripción impresos
NOTA: No utilice la solicitud de inscripción del estudiante en línea de la Academia Imán Harmony o registro PUSD Camino. Por favor, póngase en contacto con la Oficina de Caminos PUSD si se inscribe a su hijo en un programa de Camino.
PUSD INTRA-DISTRICT ATTENDANCE TRANSFERS
OPEN ENROLLMENT GUIDELINES
In the interest of providing the best educational experience for your child and all students living in the Porterville Unified School District boundaries, the Governing Board of Trustees has developed specific guidelines for students and parents/guardians who desire to have their student attend a school in the area outside of the attendance area of the parents’/guardians’ principle place of residence.
- Transportation to and from school shall not be provided for students attending a school outside of his/her home attendance area. Transportation to and from school shall be the responsibility of the parents or guardians.
- Intra-district attendance transfers include those students whose legal residence is in the Porterville Unified School District boundaries and wish to attend a different school within PUSD. All requests for intra-district attendance transfers for the 2022-2023 school year must be submitted electronically by 5:00 p.m. on May 2, 2022. If the number of requests exceeds the number of vacancies, there will be a lottery drawing to determine those students approved for intra-district attendance transfer.
(GRADES 9-12 ONLY)
The Governing Board has adopted an open enrollment policy for intra-district transfers and, as such, is bound by certain legal requirements. Each spring, the Governing Board establishes projected enrollments and space availability for each high school for the following school year. When space is available, the community is notified of the option to transfer. Should the number of requests exceed the available openings at any given high school, a lottery-type drawing shall be conducted. The drawing shall take place shortly after May 2nd. All parents requesting a transfer shall be notified of the outcome.
Transfer requests submitted at other times of the year shall only be approved for extreme extenuating circumstances.
- Students (grades 9-12) transferring to a District school outside the attendance area of his/her parents’/guardians’ principle residence shall be eligible to participate in that school’s available athletic program under the following conditions:
- This is the first transfer of this student since his/her initial enrollment in the 9th
- The student is not transferring as a result of a disciplinary situation.
- The student was academically and otherwise eligible at the former school immediately prior to the transfer.
- There is no evidence that the transfer, in whole or part, is athletically motivated.
- All CIF transfer forms are completed and approved by the Section office.
- Students who have attended a high school for one full year or longer may continue to attend the same school should the parent’s residence change from one school attendance area to another following the first year of attendance.
- Students who have an older sibling attending high school at the same time may request to have the younger sibling attend the same high school as the older sibling. Athletic ineligibility shall not apply to the younger sibling.