COVID Guidance for Families
Please review the guidance for COVID and student illness.
COVID Procedures for Families
If your student has symptoms of COVID, follow these procedures:
- Test your student for COVID using an at home test kit
- If positive, notify your student's school attendance office
- The school will ask questions about onset of symptoms to determine time of isolation and date of return
Other children in the home who attend PUSD should test if they develop symptoms. Families should only keep them home if symptoms develop after exposure to any COVID positive person.
If your student is experiencing symptoms of illness but have a negative test for COVID, follow these procedures:
- Student stays home
- Repeat the home COVID test the next day
- Follow-up with your doctor if symptoms continue
COVID tests are available at school sites