2022-2023 Kindergarten and Preschool Registration Information
Porterville Unified School District has scheduled kindergarten & preschool registration for the district’s ten elementary schools. In accordance with the Kindergarten Readiness Act (Senate Bill 1381), students reaching the age of 5 on or before September 1, 2022 can enroll in kindergarten, but those students reaching the age of 5 by June 30, 2023, will be enrolled in a Universal Transitional Kindergarten (UTK) program, which is a two-year program. TK/Preschool Programs are offered at most elementary sites and 3- and 4-year-old students may enroll in those preschool programs.
Kindergarten registration packets for the 2022-2023 school year may now be picked up at the District Office Enrollment Center with completed packets returned to the Enrollment Center. Preschool registration may by picked up at preschool sites. You may also register your student online at www.portervilleschools.org and click on 'Parents' tab. Then go to the 'Student Enrollment' section, scroll down, then go to PUSD Online Enrollment; and follow the directions.
1. Verification of student’s age is required.
2. Minimum of 3 IPV (oral polio vaccine) and 4 DPT (diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus) if both are given after the 4th birthday. However, a child will be fully immunized with 4 IPV and 5 DPT, regardless of the age in which the last dose was received.
3. Two MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) administered after the 1st birthday
4. One PPD (mantoux), tuberculin skin test including results.
5. Three doses of hepatitis B immunizations are required for kindergarten entry.
6. Two Varicella (chickenpox vaccine)
7. Verification of Residency – 2 different bills verifying address
Parents who are not able to enroll their children during the month of February may go to the school office on any school day after the enrollment period.
Please call the school site or the Assistant Superintendent of Instructional Services (793-2453) if you have questions regarding Kindergarten registration.