Harmony Magnet Academy participated last Saturday in its first MESA (Mathematics Engineering Science Achievement) Schools Program at Fresno State competition of the year. With over 200 competitors from the Central Valley region, several Harmony students earned awards:
- Erik Torrez took first place as part of a mixed-school team in ninth-grade math
- Ryan Cometa, Christopher Martinez and Felicity Wynn took second place in ninth-grade math.
- Audrey Garcia, Leena Leyva and Vanessa Ramos took second place in 11th grade math.
- Ryan Cometa took second place in the Rube Goldberg competition.
- Serenity Espinoza, Christian Martinez and Felicity Wynn took third place in robotics.
This is one of four Saturday academies held leading up to MESA Day, which will take place on March 5, 2016.