(Please note: The YES Program is now located in the PUSD Enrollment Center office)
YES stands for Youth Experiencing Success. The YES team works diligently to provide engaging project-based activities which encourage students to strive for success, both in and out of school.
YES provides a safe, constructive environment during non-school hours. The program is available for three hours immediately after school and consists of three daily sessions: academic, enrichment and recreation. YES provides an opportunity to merge strategies and resources from the regular school day with community resources. YES strives to support the goals and efforts of each school by increasing assistance to students and broadening the base of academic support.
- Provide a healthy and safe environment for students and staff
- Provide students with high quality and engaging opportunities to learn and make measurable academic progress, particularly in the areas of reading/writing, math and science
- Support the needs of working families
- Support healthy behavior and physical well-being
- Encourage the exploration of interests and the development of skills and creativity
- Promote respect and appreciation for diversity
Students are expected to regularly attend the program in its entirety. An Early Release policy is in place for the purpose of allowing families to keep commitments for health, safety and educational purposes.
Early Release Policy
YES encourages students to attend regularly in order to gain the most benefit from the program. Due to high demand, students with 10 or more unexcused absences may be automatically dropped from the program.
PUSD – YES Office
600 West Grand Avenue
Porterville, CA 93257
Office (559) 793-2419