PUSD offers two preschool centers; Plano Avenue Preschool (part day program), offered in either the morning or afternoon and the Porterville Children’s Center (full day program). Enrollment in each of these programs is based on guidelines established by the California Department of Education Child Development Division; each family is given an admission priority rank number according to family size, gross monthly income, recipient of cash aid, recipient of child protective services, and those who are currently homeless. The enrolling child must be at least 3 years old on or before September 1, 2016, however, priority will be given to children who are 4 years old.
The following documentation is required to verify eligibility for childcare services:
- Complete application for services (provided the day of enrollment)
- Documentation of Income Eligibility - Monthly income: payroll check stubs, a letter from the employer, completed tax returns, verification of Social Services (AFDC), unemployment stubs, W-2 forms, child support documents, and any other proof of income for your household.
- Documentation of Need Eligibility (Only required for full time care) - proof of full time employment or enrollment in any type of training or educational program: pay stubs, letter from the employer, or class schedule.
- Documentation of Household size - Birth certificates or birth records of all children living in the household.
- Proof of Absent Parent (if applicable) – Single parents: Documentation of child support, divorce, custody arrangements or the absent parent utilities or rental agreement proving a separate household.
- Immunization Records (see below)
- Physical Examination
- Proof of residency - utility bill; Gas Co., electric, etc. or rental agreement.
- Minimum of 3 IPV (polio vaccine) and 4 DTaP (Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus). The last dose must have been after the 4th A child will be fully immunized for DTP with 5 doses and IPV with 4 doses, regardless of the age which the last dose was received.
- One MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) administered after the 1st birthday
- Three doses of Hepatitis B immunization
- One dose Varicella (chickenpox vaccine) or health care provider-documented Varicella disease or immunity.
- 1 dose of Hib (Haemophilus influenza)
- Current PPD (Mantoux), Tuberculin Skin Test and results.
Please note: Children will only be considered for childcare services when all required documents have been submitted and verified.