Porterville Unified School District with the help of the California Interscholastic Federation has developed a COVID-19 Action Plan to assist staff with proper planning for voluntary summer workouts. Health and safety will continue to be the number one goal during this time of transition.
This guidance is based on CIF recommendations which can be found at:
Voluntary summer workout sessions will begin on Wednesday, July 1, ONLY for PUSD student-athletes. Students MUST have completed waiver forms in order to participate in the summer workout sessions (these forms will be sent out soon).
Outside sports organizations will not be allowed to use any PUSD facility.
Here are a few key bullet points:
UPDATE AS OF JULY 7: All indoor activities will be suspended for two weeks before re-evaluation. Outdoor activities may proceed based on guidelines.
· For pre-workout screening, all coaches and students will be screened daily. Anyone with a temperature of 100.3F or higher will be sent home immediately. Students will be organized into “pods” of 10 or less for any activity and must stay with their respective pod for the entire summer.
· All students must bring their own water bottle. Water bottles and food should not be shared and hydration stations (water coolers, water trough, water fountains, etc.,) will only be used for the purpose of re-filling personal water bottles.
· By order of the Governor’s Office, ALL coaches and students MUST wear a cloth face covering while inside any indoor facility (weight room, gymnasium, etc.). A minimum distance of 6 feet must be maintained between each individual at all times.
· There will be no shared athletic equipment (balls, towels, clothing, shoes, or sports specific equipment) between students.
· District custodians will sanitize weight rooms on a daily basis prior to students entering. Locker rooms will not be utilized during the summer so students will need to report in appropriate attire and immediately return home to shower after participation.
To view the complete plan, please go to portervilleschools.org. Additional information and required forms for voluntary summer workouts will be sent out to parents and families soon.
*Please note that this plan is subject to change.