2021-2022 Kindergarten Enrollment Information
Kindergarten registration packets for the 2021-22 school year may now be picked up at the District Office Enrollment Center or at any PUSD elementary site. Completed packets may be returned to the school sites at any time. On February 10, 2021, there will also be a drive-thru at the 10 elementary schools to pick up packets or turn in completed packets from 8:30 am. – 4:30 pm. You may also register your student online at www.portervilleschools.org and click on 'Parents' tab. Then go to the 'Student Enrollment' section, scroll down, then go to PUSD Online Enrollment; and follow the directions.
In accordance with the Kindergarten Readiness Act (Senate Bill 1381), students reaching the age of 5 on or before September 1 can enroll in Kindergarten. Students turning 5 between September 2 and May 31, 2022, will be enrolled in a Transitional Kindergarten (TK) program, which is a two-year program. TK programs are offered at all ten elementary sites.
The following items are needed for registration:
1. Verification of student’s age is required.
The following immunizations are required by law before a student can be enrolled in school. However, due to the current COVID-19 situation, PUSD will enroll your student if immunizations are incomplete. PUSD nurses will be working with families struggling to meet the immunization requirement prior to the beginning of the new school year.
2. Minimum of 3 IPV (oral polio vaccine) and 4 DPT (diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus) if both are given after the 4th birthday. However, a child will be fully immunized with 4 IPV and 5 DPT, regardless of the age in which the last dose was received.
3. Two MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) administered after the 1st birthday
4. One PPD (mantoux), tuberculin skin test including results.
5. Three doses of hepatitis B immunizations are required for kindergarten entry.
6. Two Varicella (chickenpox vaccine)
7. Verification of Residency – 2 different bills verifying address
Parents who are not able to enroll their children during the month of February may go to the school office on any school day after the enrollment period.
Please call the school site or the Assistant Superintendent of Instructional Services (793-2453) if you have questions regarding Kindergarten registration.